Industrial & Manufacturing Blog
CNC machining (computerized numerical control) is a process that uses computer-controlled machines to fabricate parts from raw materials. The process is extremely versatile and can be used to create parts for a wide variety of industries. A CNC lathe machine, however, is extremely expensive and requires a skilled technician to operate it safely and effectively.
If you need machined parts but don't have the in-house capabilities to produce them, you can always outsource the work to a professional CNC lathe machine shop. Here are just six examples of projects that you could outsource.
1. Medical Devices. CNC machining is often used to create medical devices and components. The process can create highly precise and intricate parts that meet the stringent requirements of the medical industry.
2. Dies and Molds. Dies and molds are commonly used in the manufacturing processes of many industries, including automotive, aerospace, and electronics. A CNC lathe machine shop can produce dies and molds with complex geometries and tight tolerances for you to use in your own business.
3. Prototypes. One challenge for inventors and innovators is creating a working prototype to test their designs. If you need a prototype for your product or invention, a CNC machine shop can help you out. Creating prototypes is a common application for CNC machining.
4. Precision Parts. If you need parts that require precise dimensions, then CNC machining is likely your best bet. For example, ball bearings, gears, screws, and washers all require small dimensions that must be correlated with a micrometer or digital caliper and cannot be created with other manufacturing methods.
5. Custom Tools. Like prototypes, if you need a custom tool for your manufacturing process, a CNC lathe machine shop can make it for you. While many manufacturing plants would require a large run of 1,000 or more of each SKU, a CNC lathe machine shop allows you to create a custom, one-off tool.
6. Machined Castings. Many casting processes require machined components in order to function properly. In other words, while some products can be used directly out of a mold, others need to be refined further by a CNC lathe before they can be used.
These are just a few examples of the types of projects that are suitable for outsourcing to a professional CNC lathe machine shop. From simple hand tools to complex multi-spindle machines, there's virtually no limit to what can be created with CNC machining.
For more information, contact a local CNC lathe machine shop.Share
24 October 2022
Hey there, I'm Finny Moreau. I like to explore the world of junk cars. If you're anything like me, you regularly pick through junkyards to find rare parts or even whole vehicles. Although I'd love to bring home all of the rare items I find on my searches, I have to be selective due to a lack of storage space. I would also never be able to use many of the items that I find. Instead, I bring home the best of the bunch for use on my own cars. I will use this site to discuss my findings in the junkyard. I will also explore the various uses of junkyard cars and parts. I hope to bring the discussion to dinner tables around the world to inspire others to use the wrecking yard on a regular basis. Welcome and thanks for visiting.